Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Suddenly feeling lost

I'm going through nursing school withdrawal. The last few months, I've been telling everyone that the closer I get to graduating, the more I just want to stay home and be a mom. Now I'm 3 days out after finishing school, and frankly I don't know what to do with myself. It's hard to see the value of changing diapers, looking at giraffes at the zoo, and making countless pb&j's. I know in the long term, I am having an important influence on Reaghan's growth and development, but it's hard to see in the day-to-day routine.

I am going to go back to work this fall, full time for now, then hopefully part time at some point. For now, I just need to take a deep breath and enjoy the time with Reaghan.

People always say that being a mom is the hardest job in the world...I'm beginning to understand that. There's no paycheck, little cognitive stimulation, and little gratitude. But I know in the long term, God is using me to help shape my little girl's heart.

No comments: